Sunday, October 31, 2010

Finally Ours!

That title pertains to the house that we finally closed on Friday.  What a chaotic day.  It was like 3:30, and I just knew we were not gonna get it done b/c we were scheduled to close at 4.  So I had all but given up and then we got the call at the office that the paperwork was done and to head over.  So we got there around 4:15 and signed the papers and now we can begin the many daunting tasks ahead of us.  Oh it is so exciting! 

We have put in quite a bit of work on the yard already but it was pretty much a whole season behind so there is much still to do.  Who cares really?  It's ours!!  Rob is downstairs painting as I'm typing this blog, and Camryn is beside me opening and closing cabinet doors. 

Today was a great day!  Rob was feeding Camryn breakfast this morning and ran in the bedroom to get me b/c he saw the biggest buck deer in our backyard.  Unfortunately I ran to the wrong window and missed it, but I bet we will see more.  Awesome!!  The kids are having a blast here playing inside and outside. 

We met mom and dad for lunch today, and then they came by the house and helped us work for a few hours.  They love it here, too.  I told them we'd put them in a little kitchenette upstairs so they can move in for a while.  I'm telling you (whoever you is b/c I really don't know who would be bored enough to read this :) I have the best parents ever!!!  They are so helpful with everything, whether it be the kids, working on the house, advice, or whatever it is we need.  So anyway, after they left, we went and bought paint and now that's what Rob is working on.  Here are a few pics from the week at the new home





1 comment: